When Deuce started school, our daily schedule was temporarily turned on its head. So in attempts to create a FAST, nutritious, tasty breakfast that everyone could enjoy (even the almighty fickle Deuceatron), I came up with…
THE 10-SECOND BREAKFAST!!!!
Okay, so prep takes a bit longer, like all of three minutes, but you’ll see how it comes together. It’s basically a glorified breakfast smoothie:
- 1 cup (8 oz) non-fat vanilla flavored greek yogurt (we use Chobani)
- 2 cups (16 oz) frozen mixed fruit (we use a “classic fruit medley” from our local grocer, which contains strawberries, mangos, pineapple, peaches and red grapes)
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) sugar (because greek yogurt can be TART! If you don’t want to use sugar, use whatever sweetener you like, or omit it altogether)
- 3 cups water (more or less to suit your fancy. See notes.)
Dump the yogurt, frozen mixed fruit and sugar into a blender. Pour the water into the blender, enough to cover the other ingredients completely. Then blend on HIGH for 10 seconds. Done. Makes four servings.
- Because of the chicken wings, we purposefully make our smoothies a bit more liquidy. You may prefer to have yours thicker, and that’s cool.
- Experiment! Swap out the mixed fruit for other frozen fruit, or add some veggies for even MORE nutritious hunger zapping power!
- We use Chobani greek yogurt because it packs one heck of a protein and calcium wallop – 22g and 25% DV, respectively. And it has all those active and live cultures everyone raves about.
- Talia normally drinks at least half of mine, so I make sure to give myself a little extra…You know, to compensate. 😉
Do you have any quick and easy go-to breakfasts for busy mornings? Let me know, leave a comment below!
- Hands Off My Chobani: The New Breakfast of Champions (acommonsea.wordpress.com)
- Daphne Oz’s Superfood Breakfast Smoothie (livingtoolarge.wordpress.com)
- The Perfect Breakfast Smoothie: Spinach, Banana, Oatmeal & Greek Yogurt (befitwithkristen.com)